Read the following article and write answers to the following questions, to hand in:
1. How did Photograms change Man Ray’s career? How did his work compare to Fox Talbot’s or Christian Shad’s work?
2. How is composition and his choice of materials important?
3. Does Ray’s abuse of women or his evasiveness about his Jewish background cause you to look at his work any differently? If so, how?
4. How has Ruff has updated photograms with digital technology?
5. Read the summary about Moholy Nagy. He says photography may transcend painting. How?
6. Do a google search for photograms, print the photogram you find most aesthetically pleasing. Explain why you like that photogram and how you think it was made.