1. Listen to the curator of “Elegant Enigmas” talk about Edward Gorey.
2. His work was used in an introduction to Mystery, a PBS series. Watch his visual story-telling techniques.
3. Comment on the 3 most interesting things about Gorey and how you think those things influenced his art.
4. Also comment on your favorite visual frame (drawing and composition) in the Mystery animation and explain why you find it most fascinating.
5. In your sketchbook, do a one hour drawing inspired by Gorey. Have fun with it! Keep track of the time intervals on the back.